VSS is seeking a new junior team member for the business development team. This person will be focused on support the deal origination effort for VSS and its affiliated funds / portfolio companies. Success will be defined by ability to develop more meaningful relationships with existing deal referral contacts, identify and establish dialogue with new deal referral contacts, and explore new avenues for establishing contact with interesting businesses that fit the acquisition criteria for VSS and its portfolio companies.
- Relationship management with deal referral relationships
- Support Head of Business Development with ongoing refinement of strategy
- Participation in ongoing effort to optimize the VSS intermediary network database
- Develop deep relationships with intermediary firms that could periodically be representing companies or know of potential targets that would match up with VSS’ investment interest. Contribute to qualitative assessments of the potential value of each relationship and play a role in shaping their classification in the VSS coverage system.
- Oversee new initiatives for automating engagement with longer tail intermediary firms that may not warrant typical relationship building activities.
- Assist the Head of Business Development with strategy development and execution for engaging new markets for potential deal flow including: other financial sponsors, lenders, attorneys, accounting firms, industry executives, and business owners.
- Support existing marketing activities and contribute to the development of new and innovative marketing campaigns.
- Support database administration needs to ensure CRM system has up-to-date and accurate records of all relationship building activities and contacts
- Support the continued analysis of new technologies to enhance data collection and outreach efforts
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- The ideal candidate will have the following competencies/qualifications:
- Deal origination on behalf of a private equity or private credit investment fund or business development/sales focused on originating new client relationships with private equity or investment banking clients
- “Hunter” mentality with proven track record of developing relationships
- Working knowledge of and capability to learn new professional business technology systems
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Team player that thrives in collegial culture built on trust, respect, integrity and partnership
0-3 years of work experience in one of the following or a combination of the following roles:
All resumes must be accompanied by a cover letter outlining your achievements and interest in VSS. Please email both your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org